Use the form below to search for documents in this
web containing specific words or combinations of words.
The text search engine will display a weighted list of matching documents, with better
matches shown first. Each list item is a link to a matching document; if the document has
a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is d isplayed. A brief explanation of the query language is available, along with examples.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary
Boolean expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with
parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'